- April 14, 2017
- Posted by: admin
About APSi Workforce Development Group
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities!
APSi is a Managed Services and Consulting Firm providing workforce, training, and management solutions for organizations looking for innovative change and measurable results. We excited to extend our services in other markets and currently looking for service oriented professionals who will play a vital role in working with our clients and developing skills that lead to long-term individual and professionals success.
If you love to work with people and find gratitude in seeing others experience life-changing breakthroughs–we are the company for you.
Career Transition Specialist Responsibilities
Our CTS is a critical role within APSi. They work closely with commercial, non-profit and government representaitves focusing on education, training services–as well as job placement.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides program participants job placement solutions collaboratively working with universities, military recruiters, employers/hiring managers/HR and stakeholders.
- Works with government workforce agencies to facilitate and coach students in career development as well as transition.
- Manage our internal database of client/student profiles, tracking progress and other critical milestones for reporting and evaluation of extended services.
- Work with our Community Outreach Director to estblish relationships with employers, community colleges, and other entities to create a pathway for collaboration, sustainable employment for our active student and graduates.
- Coach & guide our students in proper career planning. Mentor enrolled personnel throughout their new career journey.
- Host Career Days, attend job fairs, and conduct info-sessions throughout the region.
- Work closely with the Training Program Director to coordinate advanced solutions for individuals who may need additional training or coaching support.
- Coach students with employability skills training, interviewing skills, resume writing, and proper interview protocols.
- Arrange job interviews, and coordinate transportation assistance and other support services.
- Track and log receipt of transition payments and other disbursements.
- Participate in cross-training and support admission/enrollment efforts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or four years of directly related experience in youth programs or public affairs or Associate’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field.
MUST be a great communicator! Capable of making great connections and expanding your network. Experienced and comfortable with social media, phone calls, marketing, and serving all demographic professionals.
Demonstrate excellent skills in computer applications, spreadsheets, and database management.
Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Any recruiting, coaching or counseling experience a huge plus.
Must be willing to receive additional training and capable of taking professional certification exams within the first 60 days of employement.