- April 14, 2017
- Posted by: admin
About APSi Workforce Development Group
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities!
APSi is a Managed Services and Consulting Firm providing workforce, training, and management solutions for organizations looking for innovative change and measurable results. We excited to extend our services in other markets and currently looking for service oriented professionals who will play a vital role in working with our clients and developing skills that lead to long-term individual and professionals success.
If you love to work with people and find gratitude in seeing others experience life-changing breakthroughs–we are the company for you.
Director of Career Transition Services Responsibilities
The Director of Career Development will report ot APSi Leadership Team and Program Manager. Will also function as the local subject matter expert in the areas of career development, transition, and training for our students.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform his/her job responsibilities
Develops Center-beneficial linkages within the community for education, employment, Career Technical Training.
- Promotes a positive image of the program and establishes meaningful relationships with elected officials.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met.
- Develop programs, policies and procedures for contract implementation to create, foster and maintain a positive professional culture beginning in Outreach and continuing through transition services.
- Develop, manage and maintain successful protocols and effective delivery systems for our Career Development Services.
- Assist in training staff members on new programs, procedures and initiatives
- Monitor program performance outcomes and assist team members with determining strategies for success.
- Review and approve strategic plans, transition plans and related reporting documents prior submission.
- Through weekly/monthly reports and notifications as needed, ensure Program Leadership is updated on progress of program.
- Conflict Resolution, as well as being able to assist with serious issues that may occur.
- Participate and contribute in business development efforts, proposal strategies, and other progression activities directed from the leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Skills
- Skill in multi-tasking.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, HR or related field required, Master’s degree preferred or extensive military background in training/leadership.
- Five years of progressive workforce development program experience.
- Extensive experience in curricula development is required
- Experience with word processing applications, presentation software suites and particularly excel and powerpoint.
- Articulate and service first personality.
- Military/Veteran/Youth program expertise a MUST.
- MUST be able to travel and conduct site visits and assessments.
MUST be a great communicator! Capable of making great connections and expanding your network. Experienced and comfortable with social media, phone calls, marketing, and serving all demographic professionals.
Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Any recruiting, coaching or counseling experience a huge plus.
Must be willing to receive additional training and capable of taking professional certification exams within the first 60 days of employement.